Rick Sapio is one of my personal mentors who has drastically changed my life that past few years through my participation as a student and now as a Certified Coach in Business Finishing School’s program.
He is a lifelong entrepreneur who started his first business – a bicycle repair shop – after the death of his father when he was just 13 years old. Rick is the 7th of nine children raised by a mother with serious, life-long mental illness. He learned early in life that it’s best to think positively about the cards one’s been dealt, no matter how difficult those cards appear.
Since 1994, he has been the Founder and CEO of Mutual Capital Alliance, Inc., a financial holding company, which has made more than 100 investments in other companies. His life’s purpose is to inspire entrepreneurship, which led Rick to start Business Finishing School (“BFS”). Rick learned that business growth and success are accelerated when a few key principles are applied. He found that by learning “The 12 Foundational Principles of Business,” that virtually any individual or company can be put on the path to prosperity. He also founded the non-profit, A Billion Entrepreneurs (“ABE”). ABE motivates people to seek the freedom associated with living a purposeful life. His dream is to motivate people to learn and grow as passionate entrepreneurs, regardless of their age, their starting point, or their current position. He is proud of being the co-founder and five-time Chairman of the Gathering of Titans Program, an annual, CEO-only event held at the Endicott House, near Boston. He graduated from Rutgers University with a degree in Engineering. Rick resides in Dallas with his wife, Melissa, and their four children.
In this episode we discuss,
- Why mentorship is so important.
- Why Rick decided to meet 10 billionaires.
- How he paid only $1500 to have a life long relationship with 3 Billionaires.
- Decision making and action steps needs to be looked at with a longer term perspective.
- Why I am so obsessed with Values Based Decision Making and how Rick is to blame.
- How to make your life a “magic carpet ride” by staying aligned with your purpose and values.
- How childhood crisis inspired him into action and accountability.
- Why Simplicity, Probability and Leverage are his core values.
- How his family has no divorces despite childhood chaos.
- Why he has a Doorman Principle and how the people you let in your life determine the success you will have.
- Why investing in yourself is one of the greatest investments you can make.
- How to find your purpose and potential.
- Why Rick defines an Entrepreneur as someone who takes accountability for their outcomes.
- Why he created Business Finishing School and what his catalyzing statement is.
- How to increases your probability of being successful, personally and professionally.
- How to find out if you are wasting time on a daily basis by not staying in alignment with your core 5 priorities.
- Why I use my “values based decision making” worksheet with every client I work with.
Click here to download the worksheet to define your core values: http://bit.ly/jasonvaluesworksheet
Click. here to buy Rick’s book “Who’s In Your Room: The Secret To Creating Your Best Life”
Learn more about how you can bring more Simplicity, Probability and Leverage to your business and life by attending Business Finishing School’s Growth Summit and joining the curriculum based program:
Jason can be reached for therapy, coaching, alternative medicine and speaking engagements at www.thefamilyroomsfl.com. Reach out to him to set up a free consultations to tackle your goals.