Life long entrepreneurship is an approach I've been learning more about the last few years.…
Stress happens. In the time of coronavirus and even the looming election, entrepreneurs could be feeling more stress and that can impact the way they work. Coronavirus has been wreaking havoc on entrepreneurs and that leads to both mental and physical stress. We have put together five ways small business owners can reduce stress, and why it’s necessary.
There are many ways you can reduce stress and as an entrepreneur, you need to reduce stress to keep yourself healthy and you also need to stay healthy to keep your business running. Many solopreneurs cannot afford to take time off.
Five Ways Small Business Owners Can Reduce Stress
We have some ways to help you reduce your stress. There is no one-size-fits-all, but these may help.
- Write down what’s bothering you. Sometimes the simple act of writing it down will take away the power the stressful situation had over you. You can take time every day to write down what is stressing you out. You can write down ways in which you could address that situation. Writing it down may also help you brainstorm ways to eradicate it.
- Talk with someone. Talk with a friend, family member, colleague or mental health professional. Stress can lead to suicidal thoughts and the isolation brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic is leading to more stress and higher suicide rates. When you talk with someone you are also taking away the power the stressful situation had over you and an outside opinion might help you see a solution you didn’t see on your own.
- Get moving. When you’re having emotional or mental stress, taking a walk or meditating or walking the dog can help alleviate it. You may not find a solution to your stress, but moving will help release endorphins and a 15-minute run (or walk) will clear your head and help you sleep better at night.
- Find comedy in your life. What is your favorite funny movie or sitcom? When is the last time you indulged in it? Take time to simply laugh. Laughing also releases endorphins and tension.
- Celebrate the small wins. You don’t need to conquer the highest mountain to celebrate. Walking up a small hill or completing a small task is reason for the celebration. Clear your desk. Clean up your computer desktop. Any small win is cause for celebration and that can help you feel more accomplished and this is a great feeling when you feel you’re simply spinning your wheels. Take the wins where you can.
Reach out. Call our office and set up a telemedicine appointment. We have methods and strategies for reducing stress and helping you stay emotionally and physically healthier.
Follow us on Instagram.